Feb 14
Today is Valentines Day. I read today in Al Jazeera that Saudi Arabia banned the celebration of Valentines Day and even wearing the color red today. I can’t believe I am saying this but I kind of wish I was in Saudi Arabia right now. Its not that Im bitter and against the celebration of love, I just think that Valentines Day is kind of a Joke. Love shouldn’t be expressed because Hallmark told you too. It should be done spontaneously and when the person feels moved to do so, but people do seem to enjoy it so who am I to say Valentines Day Sucks. Even here all the stores are filled with red plush things, fake flowers, and chocolate covered in red shiny foil. It’s pretty intense. One nice thing is that almost everyone on my program is single so we are drowning our loneliness together tonight at Santi and Nick’s house it should be good times, and its not like I have any more big secrets to spill so I don’t have to worry about that any more.
.
No comments:
Post a Comment