So its been awhile and a lot has happened in my life since the last time I wrote. Like my computer dying, playing in Europe, and beginning a new Semester at Birzeit University. I now have a new computer which is pretty nice. It’s a mac and I am quite happy with the switch I have made. I don’t think I will ever go back to PCs after this. Out side of a new computer I have also started the new semester at Birzeit. Its kind of weird. When everyone first came I had a bit of Déjà vu I remember my first day at Birzeit I was so nervous and still a little scared. Now I know my way around Ramallah and Birzeit. My Arabic has improved astronomically, and I have some good friends to play with. It gives me a comfy feeling. Most of the new people seem pretty cool, but a lot of them have chosen to live in Ramallah, and I don’t have class with most of them so I haven’t met all of them. The other issue is that Omar is not here. Now I have no right to complain since obviously the fact that Omar is still in prison is much worse for him than for any of us, but it was Omar that really got everyone together and made parties happen last semester, and I feel like now that he is not here people are less cohesive and have more broken off in to small groups, but I am making some new friends and having fun with the old ones. Also on Sunday we had our first group field trip to Qalquiliya and to see parts of the wall. This was the first time I met some of the PAS students and got to know a few people.
This week is the Birzeit festival, which means there are lots of crafts and food for sale and concerts every night. This has caused a few of the Ramallah crew to make their way to Birzeit to check out the festivities. The festival is in the old town of Birzeit, which is an area I haven’t explored so much so it’s a good opportunity to see more of Birzeit.
Lets see the only other excitement besides the festival right now is the fact that my Visa expires on Thursday and I don’t even have an appointment yet at the ministry of interior to get it renewed, because the ministry says you have to call to make an appointment, but when you call they don’t answer the phone. This is kind of a big problem, but im working on it and hopefully I will not be deported. I have 5 weeks left to go it would be really upsetting if I had to leave before then, but Im hoping it wont come to that. So that’s the summary of the last couple months, sorry I got lazy but I promise to start writing for real soon.
This week is the Birzeit festival, which means there are lots of crafts and food for sale and concerts every night. This has caused a few of the Ramallah crew to make their way to Birzeit to check out the festivities. The festival is in the old town of Birzeit, which is an area I haven’t explored so much so it’s a good opportunity to see more of Birzeit.
Lets see the only other excitement besides the festival right now is the fact that my Visa expires on Thursday and I don’t even have an appointment yet at the ministry of interior to get it renewed, because the ministry says you have to call to make an appointment, but when you call they don’t answer the phone. This is kind of a big problem, but im working on it and hopefully I will not be deported. I have 5 weeks left to go it would be really upsetting if I had to leave before then, but Im hoping it wont come to that. So that’s the summary of the last couple months, sorry I got lazy but I promise to start writing for real soon.
No comments:
Post a Comment