Tuesday, March 18, 2008

How many times can I go to Jerusalem in a week

Well its been an interesting few days I didn’t end up moving on Friday, because Hussein was in Jerusalem all day, so he couldn’t come and move me. So after packing and studying for my exam on Saturday I went to Tasha, Vanessa, Elizabeth and Miriam’s house to watch Stomp the Yard. We were later joined by Katy and then Omar. When I first got there Santi was there also and very drunk. Keep in mind it was about 7pm. Santi, Nick, Ryan and Kyle had gone to the Tybeh Brewery that day and its 4 shekels a beer which is a little more than a dollar so they all drank themselves silly. So Santi was over Dancing around the kitchen until we were going to start the movie and then Tasha jokingly said something about it being a girls night since Santi was the only guy there at the time and Santi got pissed off and stormed out of the apt. 15 mins later Nick called asking why Tasha kicked Santi out of the house and we had to explain that Santi was making things up…and then we gave up on our drunken little boys and watched the movie, which is pretty cool to watch, but is super cheesy. Afterwards Hussein drove me and Katy home.

Saturday I had my first Fusah exam it was actually pretty easy which was a relief. I keep feeling like we’re not really learning anything and then I read something or take the exam and realize I have learned and retained a lot, which is always exciting. After class I went to the gym with Vanessa, and then Hussein came and helped me move the Katy and Sandra’s apt. I dropped everything off took a shower repacked my back pack and headed to Jerusalem to see friends. I don’t know but something about going to Jerusalem always makes me feel like im going home. It probably has something to do with the fact that its one of three cities that Ive lived in in my life and that I know well. I walked from Damascus gate to the city center dropped my stuff off at Rachel’s fabulously located apt and then met lisa with her Birthright children on Ben Yehuda. It was weird to be around a birthright group after living in Palestine for a month. I kind of wanted to invite all of them to come visit me when the trip was over, or just slap them in the faces and tell them to wake up and read a book once in a while, but both of those ideas didn’t pan out. After awhile they took the group to a bar so I went with Lisa, and Esther also came out and met us after a while. We hung out for a bit and then Lisa had to go back with her group so I went to underground with Esther. For those of you who don’t know Underground is the sketchiest place in all of Jerusalem, and I would not recommend it to any one, but they play good music and we wanted to dance so we went. The night ended around 4 when the bar closed and then I slept half the day away

Sunday I had an amazing lunch with Rachel, then we went skirt shopping around ben yahuda area and then I headed back to Birzeit. I was sooo exhausted when I came back all I did was do my homework for Arabic class and then went to bed. Monday I had class and then went to the gym with Vanessa, and then went back to Jerusalem to see Esther one last time before she went back to the US. I got there around 8 we went to dinner and then we went to a bar in Jerusalem called Constantine. It was amazing! Not sketchy at all. It was all students which means people actually our age, and no sketchy guys to fight off. And great music. One problem I have well if you can call it a problem.. is that if there is good music I can dance forever! I love it. So we stayed until 3:3o when they started to close and then headed home

Tuesday I helped Esther pack up and move her stuff to Ari’s and then I had to head back to Birzeit I walked to the bus station and headed back. When I got back I was exhausted once again… so I once again did my home work and went to bed.

No comments: